Sorry, but there are no events here
Coombe Trenchard was designed & built for the Sperlings, wealthy Edwardian friends of Sabine Baring-Gould of nearby Lewtrenchard Manor.
The family had lived on site in the old rectory for several years before deciding on a replacement house, designed by Walter Sarel of London, built by Dart & Francis of Crediton, in 1906.
The gardens were redesigned at the same time. Both house and gardens are redolent of the high Arts & Crafts style of the belle époque.